You are in:
Home >> Social & Fundraising >> Fantasy Hockey
Unfortunately Fantasy Hockey will not be running for the foreseable future due to no-one being willing to take on the role.
For information, the rules for the last season are below:
All scheduled league matches and all Evegreen's matches.
(Unfortunately it is going to be extremely difficult/impossible to ensure that all teams play the same number of games)
One league will consist of 8 Senior Men's Teams, Men's 1's to Men's 6's, Vets and Evergreens. The other league will consist of all 5 Ladies Teams, Ladies 1's to Ladies 5's.
How to pick a team
Every present Captain of one of the 13 teams mentioned have allocated a position (goalkeeper, defender, midfielder or forward) and a price to each of their players, a player can cost anywhere between 5 pence and £1 (in 5 pence steps).
The price of a player is calculated by their ability to score Fantasy Points, it is not calculated using the player's team and skill level. For instance, if the Sixth team centre forward scored at least a goal a game this year, and the First team centre forward only scored a goal every other game, then the Sixth team centre forward should be priced higher than the First team centre forward.
To pick your team, you have an imaginary £7 to spend on 12 players.
For a Men's team you have to pick at least 1 player from each team, but no more than 2 from a single team.
For a Ladies team you must have at least 2 players from each team, but no more than 3 from a single team.
A team of 12 must consist of 1 goalkeeper, at least 3 defenders, 3 midfielders and 3 forwards, leaving 2 players that can be picked from any of the positions.
A player can only score points if they actually play in one of the matches included in the league, they do not score points if their team plays but they do not. Each position scores differently:
conceding a goal/penalty flick: -1 per goal (up to a maximum of 5 goals per game)
clean sheet: +5
penalty flick saved: +5
team conceded at least 1 goal: -1
team had a clean sheet: +3
Not only does a player score points based on their individual performance, i.e. goals, clean sheets, assists etc., but there are also points available for how the team performed.
The following points are the same for all players, regardless of position.
Green Card: -1
Yellow Card: -5
Red Card: -10
Team Win: +3
Team Draws: +1
Team Loses: -1
This is a new source of points for this season. It is hoped that these will award club members who show club involvement rather than the points awarded for "on-pitch" involvement.
These points are very much up for discussion but the ones that will be included this year are below:
Umpiring a "scoring" league game: +3
Notes on Scoring Points
There are a few cases where someone plays for a team and will not score points (these additional rules are based on previous year's observations):
- If someone plays for more than one team during a weekend then their points will only count for the team they "usually" play for (this is mainly to stop First XI players scoring points whilst playing for the Second XI on the Saturday!).
- You are able to play in more than one "scoring" game per weekend, for instance if your "usual" team has a double header (i.e. you are a First XI player or your team is playing a rescheduled match).
- You will not score points if your "usual" game gets cancelled (and a walk-over is awarded) and instead you play for a different/lower team, you will get the team points for the walk-over but no individual points.
- If you play for a team and sit on the bench for the entire match (it happens occasionally!!) you will not score any points for that match, but if you play for another team that day/weekend (even if it is not your usual team) then that will count (as long as you get on the pitch!!).
- If an outfield player plays out of position then there is no difference in the scoring, but if a goalkeeper plays out on pitch then they will not get any points for goals conceded or clean sheets.
This is another new aspect of Fantasy Hockey for this season. As with the popular Fantasy Football games, and along with popular demand, this season there will be a "transfer window" (13th December to 24th January) where you can transfer some (maximum of 3) players from your Fantasy Team.
There will be a £2 per transfer charge and you will have to ensure that your Fantasy Team stays within the selection rules for players, positions and total cost (see above).
After each week the tables will be drawn up, for Fantasy Teams and for Players (each Player (as long as they play) is automatically entered into this league), for both the Men's League and the Ladies League.
There will be prizes on offer at the end of the year, to be presented at Club Day (to be confirmed). The two winners of the Fantasy Leagues (Men and Ladies) will receive a cash prize along with the second and third placed runners-up.
The Individual Players (both Men and Ladies) with the highest score will get their names engraved on the tankards behind the bar.
Teams will cost £10 to enter, with the money going to the club, to help finance the new developments. You can enter as many teams as you like, but each team costs £10.