You are in:
Home >> Club Info >> Code of Conduct
We expect high standards of sportsmanship and behaviour from our youth players at all times.
- Arrive for training and matches in good time.
- Organise yourself properly before you come to play, making sure you always have the correct kit and equipment and have eaten and drunk sensibly before the activity.
- Shin guards are compulsory and properly fitted gum shields are strongly recommended for all outfield players.
- Youth players are not permitted to smoke on club premises or, if under 16, whilst representing the club.
- Youth players are not permitted to consume illegal substances of any kind on club premises or whilst representing the club.
- Youth players are not permitted to consume alcohol on club premises or whilst representing the club unless the circumstances deem it to be legal under British Law and the parent or carer is present.
- Always follow your coach’s instructions fully for warming up and cooling down.
- Tell your coach at the beginning of the session if you are unwell or if you have an injury.
- Learn and play by the rules.
- Listen carefully to what you are told to do and do as you are told.
- Remember to thank the adults who have helped you after each session or match.
- Do not argue or be rude or cheeky to your coaches or to match officials.
- Recognise when others have played well and tell them so.
- Be a good sport at all times – win with modesty and lose with dignity.
- Treat others around you with respect at all times. Treat them as you like to be treated.
- Take care of your hockey club and its environment. eg. Use the litter bins provided, leave your belongings safely and tidily.
- Always do your best for the team, remembering that you are part of a team.
- Never walk off the premises onto the street from a coaching session or match unless you are with the person who is taking you home.
- Make sure you have fun and enjoy yourself. You should play hockey because you enjoy it, not for your parents or your coaches.