You are in:
Home >> Club Info >> Code of Conduct
Senior Team Captain
The following form is available for download here.
We urge senior team captains at all times to remember that young people should play hockey because they enjoy it and want to be part of the club. It is really important that the following code is adhered to if we are to build a happy club that is built on mutual respect and regard for each other.
Senior Club team captains should
- never smoke while playing.
- avoid chewing gum whilst playing.
- never play under the influence of alcohol under any circumstances.
- never use profanities during matches.
- make sure that the level of activity carried out by the participant is suitable for their age, strength, maturity and ability.
- encourage appropriate behaviour by the participants during both training and competition.
- encourage the participants to abide by the rules of the sport. All participants should be encouraged to uphold the spirit of the sport.
- help the participants to deal with victory and defeat in a sportsmanlike manner, and encourage them at all times to treat opponents with due respect.
- be concerned at all times with the safety and well being of the participants.
- if any part of the playing process requires physical contact between a captain and a participant, it is recommended that captains ensure that no action on their part could be seen as inappropriate.
- accept the responsibility to make sure that participants have a safe environment within which they may train and play.
- respect the rights of all the participants they work with and treat all as equals within the context of their activity and ability. This must be regardless of age, ethnic origin, gender, religion and cultural background.
- try and ensure that any activity under their supervision is free from bullying or any other form of non-equitable behaviour.