You are in:
Home >> Club Info >> Facilities
Emergency Action Plan
Emergency Assembly Point
The Emergency Assembly Point for all incidents is located on the grass area just inside the entrance to Chelmer Park, marked in RED on the accompanying map.
In the event of Fire / Bomb Scare, etc
- Activate a fire alarm system as soon as fire is discovered
- Clear the activity area via the nearest Fire Exit. (Do not collect belongings and try to remain calm.)
- Contact the Emergency Services direct by dialling 999 from your mobile phone Try to provide as much information to or Emergency Services as possible.
- Assemble at the Emergency Assembly Point and await instructions.
- After the incident, ensure that you are able to document what happened.
There are only two circumstances where CHC members should contemplate using a fire extinguisher to attempt to put a fire out. These are:
- They have had specific training to use fire extinguishers
- The fire is small enough to pose NO RISK to the individualís safety7, two persons are present and a clear exit is maintained at all times
In the event of a Minor Incident
- Secure / stabilise the area or casualty
- If you are qualified to do so, provide First Aid. If you are not qualified then seek assistance from the qualified 1st Aider who will be nominated to your session.
- Record the details of the incident (including what happened and what action was taken) in the Clubís Incident Report Book.
In the event of a Major Incident
- Contact the Emergency Services or call Emergency Services direct by dialling 999 from your mobile phone.
- Provide the following information to Emergency Services:
- The Location
- Name of Group / Person
- Incident Details
- Only trained First Aiders should apply First Aid Treatment to stabilise the casualty.
- Evacuate the area of other people.
- If necessary, update the Emergency Services as to the condition of the casualty so that they can assess the medical requirements for the injured person.
- Stay with the injured person until the Emergency Services arrive and take over