You are in:
Home >> Club Info >> Code of Conduct
Charter - U7 to U13 Players
- The general term for players in the U7 to U13 age groups is ‘mini hockey’
- Mini hockey training takes place on Sunday mornings from 0900 to 1130.
- In addition to training sessions the club participates in various competitions and friendly matches throughout the season, some organised by the club and others by the individual team managers and coaches.
- You will be advised as soon as possible if you are selected to play in any match.
- If you have said you are available and later find that you are not you must let your team manager or coach know as soon as possible as s/he may have to find a replacement. Mini hockey is a team game for at least 7 players. Letting the manager know on a Friday evening or Saturday morning is UNACCEPTABLE (unless you are suddenly taken ill).
- There is always a match fee payable at each game, both home and away. Teas will be provided for both teams when a match is played at home. We would encourage you to join in with this important social side of the game. Your match fee will include a contribution to the cost of the teas. Everyone is expected to pay without being chased and it would be really helpful if you come with the right money as change is not always available. The team manager and coach have a lot to do and they need your help.
- Transport to away matches can often be a problem, so please do not assume that you can always be given a lift. Help in this area is therefore very much appreciated.
- You must be a member of the club to play in a mini team. Subscription forms are sent out before the start of each season and are also available from your team manager or coach. If you do not pay by 31st October you will not be selected to play in matches. Youth members MUST complete the consent form on the reverse of the application form so that a copy is available at all matches
- Club kit consists of a green/blue shirt, navy shorts (boys) or navy skirt (girls) and green socks. These are available for to purchase on a regular basis in the clubhouse during the season. The club provides playing kit for matches.
- Finally, please do not forget that you are representing Chelmsford Hockey Club as a team member and you should behave in an appropriate manner. If your manager or coach feels that you are not behaving properly towards the opposition, the umpires or your own team members s/he may substitute you, possibly for the remainder of the match, depending on your actions, but s/he will let you know as soon as practical the reason s/he has done so.