You are in:
Home >> Club Info >> Code of Conduct
Charter - Senior Club teams
- Senior club teams primarily comprise senior players over 18, with a few youth section players invited to participate.
- Team selection is at the discretion of the senior club selection committee. Youth section players participate by invitation and do not have a right to be selected.
- Selection takes place on a Monday and you will be advised as soon as possible afterwards if you have been invited to play.
- After every match you will be asked if you are available to play in, and advised of the details of the meeting place and time for the next match. This does not mean that you will be invited to play and merely indicates whether or not you are available to play.
- If you have said you are available and later find that you are not you must let your team manager know as soon as possible as s/he may have to find a replacement. Hockey is a team game for at least 11 players. Letting the manager know on a Friday evening or Saturday morning is UNACCEPTABLE (unless you are suddenly taken ill).
- There is always a match fee payable at each game, both home and away. Reduced match fees are payable by youth section players. Teas will be provided for both teams when a match is played at home. We would encourage you to join in with this important social side of the game. Your match fee will include a contribution to the cost of the teas. Everyone is expected to pay without being chased and it would be really helpful if you come with the right money as change is not always available. The team manager and captain have a lot to do and they need your help.
- Transport to away matches can often be a problem, so please do not assume that you can always be given a lift. Help in this area is therefore very much appreciated.
- You must be a member of the club to play in a senior club team. Subscription forms are sent out before the start of each season and are also available from your team manager or captain. If you do not pay by 31st October a higher subscription becomes due. Youth members MUST complete the consent form on the reverse of the application form so that a copy is available at all matches
- Club kit consists of a green/blue shirt, navy shorts (boys) or navy skirt (girls) and green socks. These are available for to purchase on a regular basis in the clubhouse during the season.
- Finally, please do not forget that you are representing Chelmsford Hockey Club as a team member and you should behave in an appropriate manner. If your manager or captain feels that you are not behaving properly towards the opposition, the umpires or your own team members s/he may substitute you, possibly for the remainder of the match, depending on your actions, but s/he will let you know as soon as practical the reason s/he has done so.